At KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2019, I co-presented "Weighing a Cloud: Measuring Your Kubernetes Clusters" with Han Kang. Here's some links and resources related to my talk, for your reference.
Weighing a Cloud: Measuring Your Kubernetes Clusters
- Talk slides (pdf download)
- Talk video, hosted on YouTube
- Related talk from SREcon: Kubernetes SLOs and debugging cluster issues
- Try it yourself: sample code on GitHub
- Prometheus documentation
I'm including these documents for reference to add some context around what's currently happening (as of 2019Q4) in the Kubernetes instrumentation SIG and wider ecosystem.
Note that GitHub links are pinned to their most recent commit to ensure they will not break; if you want the latest version, make sure to switch the branch to "master".
- SIG Instrumentation Meeting Minutes (note: you must join the Google Group to be able to access these)
- Kubernetes 1.14 metrics overhaul
- Metrics Stability Framework
- Metrics Stability Migration Plan
- Kubernetes monitoring architecture
- Kubernetes instrumentation guidelines